In light of the ongoing pandemic the Committee met recently and have issued the following update (please see below). The situation will continue to be closely monitored and further updates provided as necessary.
2021 Annual General Meeting
Update as of October 2020
Further to the recent meeting of the P&DCCA, the Committee have agreed that in light of the ongoing pandemic most services will remain suspended until further notice. However as per recent months, community transport will continue to run and volunteers will continue to contact clients of other clubs.
A further update will be issued as the situation changes.
The advice below remains valid until further updated:
- In common with other organisations we have sadly had to close our services and clubs since March. Now that the lockdown is easing to some extent we are exploring how and when we can reopen; we know that many of our members are very keen to attend clubs again but keeping people safe within guidelines is a real challenge.
- The National Guidelines require social distancing, handwashing, wiping of surfaces, use of masks etc. These particularly need to be considered as most of our members are in a vulnerable group. There are also some particular difficulties which we have to contend with for our hall based activities, including the availability of mini-bus transport, ensuring ventilation and keeping all surfaces clean.
- The only service which has not been disrupted during lockdown has been Pulborough Community Transport, thanks to some dedicated drivers and telephone contact between the co-ordinator, client and driver. Please phone 07591258409 for transport to a medical appointment if required.
- For Tai Chi we are of course dependent on the availability of our instructor. As he has had to secure alternative employment we will have to wait until either he can resume with us, or find a replacement. This is quite a blow as Tai Chi has been immensely popular. However in any event we would have some difficulty in restarting classes indoors and it would be difficult to arrange transport to a suitable outdoor location.
- For nail cutting, James Barber is only treating foot clinic clients at home at a cost of £30 and his telephone number is 07928480199.
- For the Wednesday and Lunch Clubs we would need to be able to restart in the Village Hall, and here transport by mini-bus and ensuring ventilation is particularly problematic. We have thought carefully about this and unfortunately cannot see any way we can manage this until there is further relaxation of National Guidelines.
Balancing the need to continue to keep people safe within guidelines and many members’ wish to get things going again, we have therefore reluctantly decided not to reopen hall based services until the Autumn at least. We have a further Committee Meeting of the Association on 19th January 2021, when we will review the position again. We do very much hope that the situation will have changed by then but are of course dependent on the national and local health situation and advice.
John Dixon, Chairman
Our Association offers various types of services and activities for people who live in Pulborough and the surrounding district. We currently organise T’ai Chi classes for all ages and many other activities specifically for those over 50. The modern and conveniently situated Village Hall, with its lovely views over the Brooks to the South Downs, provides an ideal venue for the majority of our activities.
On each page that follows you will find links to further details of what is available, together with the name and phone number of the organiser(s) concerned who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.